Medigap Quotes by Email
Quotes sent by EMAIL within a few minutes (during business hours). Complete information is required for human verification and quotes accuracy (Medigap rates are based on age and where you live).
NOTE: Your online request goes securely to Medicare-Supplement.US. We value your privacy - view our Terms and Conditions. Your Medigap quotes request goes to one independent broker that works with the companies that do Medigap plans in your state, and it will only be used to provide you with the information you are requesting.
*View: CLIENT TESTIMONIALS
*What Sets Us Apart? Why Choose Medicare-Supplement.US
*More information about Medicare - Medicare's Website
*Information about signing up for Medicare on Social Security's website
Why Should You Compare Medicare Supplement Plans?Medicare Supplement plans are Federally-standardized, so coverage is the same with one company as it is with another. Medicare Supplement quotes enable you to compare the companies on the basis of what matters - price and company reputation. Also, when you compare Medicare Supplement plans, you can get an idea of how what you have now compares to what else is available. Often, if you have had a Medigap plan for more than a year, you can easily save money for equivalent coverage. Obtaining Medigap quotes is easy to do and is the only way to know how much you can save (for equivalent coverage) off of your current rate.
Why Do You Need a Medigap Plan?Medigap plans fill in the gaps in Medicare A & B. Medicare, by itself, does not cover everything. There are deductibles for both Part A (hospital) and Part B (doctor's office). The Medigap coverage, in most cases, fills in these deductibles. Additionally, after the deductibles, Medicare pays for approximately 80% of charges - the supplement plans pay the other 20% (See next section for details on which plans fill which gaps).
A plan like this gives you the predictability of fixed medical costs, as well as the ability to protect yourself against escalating health care costs and the unlimited 20% that you are responsible for with Medicare alone.
What Do Medigap Plans Cover?The most important thing to understand about Medigap plans is that they are Federally-standardized. This means that the plans are the same from company to company. For example, a Plan F with one company is the exact same as a Plan F with another company. You can easily compare Medicare Supplement plans based on price because of this.
Plan F is the most comprehensive plan - it pays everything that Medicare A & B do not cover, including the Medicare deductibles, co-pays and coinsurance. With Plan F, you have NO out of pocket costs. Lower-tier plans include G and N. Plan G is, in many cases, the best value among the plans. It is the exact same as 'F' except that it does not cover the Medicare Part B deductible (only $140/year in 2012). Plan N is one tier below that. It doesn't cover that Medicare Part B deductible. Also, it has co-pays ($20 at the doctor's office and $50 at the ER) and does not cover Part B Excess charges ( What Are Part B Excess Charges?).
To see the coverage chart showing what the various plans cover, see Medicare's "Choosing a Medigap" booklet or view the coverage chart online.
Do Medicare Supplement Quotes Vary Depending on How You Purchase a Plan?Medicare Supplement quotes are the same no matter how you sign up for a plan. Whether it is through an independent agent, or broker (like us), or directly through the company, rates are the same for people of the same age within a certain geographic area. One agent/broker cannot offer a better "deal" than another. For this reason, it is advisable to find a trusted, independent broker (whether it is us or someone else) to compare Medicare supplement plans in a centralized, unbiased way. An independent broker can provide Medigap quotes via email or phone so that you can compare all available options.
How To Compare Medigap Plans?Comparing Medigap plans is easy to do. As mentioned above, plans are completely standardized, so you can easily compare options based on price and company reputation. The plans are identical in three primary areas: coverage, claim payments (all pay through the Medicare "Crossover" system) and doctor acceptance (all can be used anywhere that takes Medicare nationwide).
The easiest way to compare Medicare Supplement plans, with the advancement of technology, is online. You can easily get Medigap quotes online to compare the options in a centralized, unbiased place. To do so, make sure you request the Medigap quotes from an independent broker/agency, not a "quote farm" website that sells your information to 8-10 agents. This way, you can compare all options in an unbiased way. Also, follow the simple steps to getting the quotes and comparing them seen here on our blog.
If you have any questions or want to discuss the plan options in more detail, you can always reach us by phone at 877.506.3378 or by