There is an abundance of information online for those on Medicare or over 65. However, not all of it is trustworthy – it’s difficult to determine what sites you should rely on for information.
We’ve compiled a top 10 list of resources that we have personally checked out and verified to be legitimate and worthy of your trust. Each site is listed below with a brief synopsis of the types of information/services it provides.
1. http://medicare.gov – Medicare.gov is the Federal government Medicare site. It has a lot of information regarding what Medicare covers, Part D and Medicare Advantage plans.
2. http://q1medicare.com – This site has a ton of information about Medicare Part D in particular. It has information about plan premiums, coverage and enrollment. It is updated on a regular basis and has pertinent information.
3. http://longtermcareinsurancepartner.com/ – LTC Partner is a site all about long term care insurance. Even if you are over 65, long term care insurance is still a viable option in many instances. This site is an independent resource that can help you compare the various options from multiple companies.
4. http://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/ – The New Old Age blog is a New York Times blog about aging, caregiving, health and finances. It can be a great resource for people over 65. Also, check out their resources page for a great depth of information and links to other resources.
5. http://www.medicaremadeclear.com/ – Medicare Made Clear is a product of United Healthcare. Although it is targeted specifically to their plans, the videos and information provided there can be very useful to those on Medicare, or in particular, to those turning 65 and going on Medicare for the first time.
6. http://www.stopmedicarefraud.gov/ – Stop Medicare Fraud is a product of the US Department of Health and Human Services. Whether you want to get involved yourself or just find out more about what is going on with fraud prevention and Medicare, this can be a great resource for you.
7. http://www.medicarenewsgroup.com/ – Medicare News Group is a great resource for both media and individuals who want to be “in the know” about Medicare. The site contains both original and curated content and can be a go-to source for information regarding Medicare.
8. http://www.ncpssm.org/ – This is the site for the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare. This site is an independent site that offers visitors many avenues to get involved in efforts to preserve Medicare and Social Security for future generations.
9. http://www.medicare.com – This is not the Federal government’s Medicare site; however, it does contain a good deal of useful information about Medicare, Medicare insurance and Part D. You can learn a lot from this site.
10. http://medicare-supplement.us – This site look familiar? We made our own list because we are an unbiased resource for Medicare and Medicare supplement insurance information. Contact us if you have questions or want to compare Medigap plans.
Overall, there is more information online regarding Medicare than one person could ever read. The important thing is sorting through that information and making a wise choice on what information can be useful to you. In some small way, we hope this “Top 10 Online Resources for People on Medicare” list will help you to do that.