Obtaining Medigap quotes online is an important and easy way to decide on a Medigap plan when you turning 65 or comparing plans. There are numerous plan options, but the most significant thing to realize is that the plans are Federally-standardized. So every company must offer the same coverage plans. This makes comparing the plans very easy to do, and it is something that can be done online.
Here are the steps to follow to make a successful and hassle-free plan comparison online:
1. Understand the basics before you start. Here are the basics that we believe everyone should understand before they even start comparing Medigap rates:
- All of the companies must offer the same plans – plans are Federally-standardized.
- The companies do have financial strength ratings (AM Best); however, all companies pay claims through the Medicare “Crossover” system and there is no variation in how fast, how much etc they pay.
- Whether you sign up for a plan through a broker (who can compare multiple plan options) or the company itself, you will get the same rate/plan
2. Be judicious with who and how many people/companies you request information from. There are hundreds of sources of information out there, and all agents have access to the same rates/plans. So at most, you should only intend to speak with 2-3 agents to get an idea for rates and what plans would be most competitively positioned in your area. Also, many of the websites aim to only capture your information and sell it to 8-10 agents, who will contact you. Use your common sense to only request information from an actual agent/agency, not a “quote farm” website.
3. When you are ready to get Medigap quotes online, simply enter your information – use accurate information. Some websites will send you the information instantaneously by email, and some may take a couple of hours if it is customized information. Most insurance companies do not allow their rates to be displayed on websites beside rates from other companies. So, if you do find that somewhere, make sure the rates are up to date and all applicable companies are represented.
4. Once you have the comparison, you can easily compare plans based on rates and company rating. Make an informed decision and use the agent that you choose to work with to ask any questions etc.
If you have any questions now or if you want to obtain obtain Medigap quotes online, you can contact us at 877.506.3378.